The Consignment Office section performs all assignments attributed by the 29 April 1999 law on State consignments.
Any asset to be consigned pursuant to a law, a regulation, a judicial or administrative decision must be consigned to the Consignment Office, in accordance with the provisions of the aforementioned law, notwithstanding any previous legal or regulatory provisions.
Any asset to be consigned voluntarily by a debtor to fulfill his obligation with respect to a creditor may be consigned to the Consignment office with discharging effect for the debtor, in accordance with the provisions of the aforementioned law, when the consignment takes place on the basis of articles 1257 to 1263 or 1264 of the Civil Code or when the debtor, without fault on his part, cannot be securely relieved of his obligation for reasons relating to the creditor.
The Accounting section:
- carries out the general and budgetary accounting of the State. To this end, it centralizes all revenue and expenditure operations of the State, as well as all movements on State accounts and all variations in the financial heritage of the State;
- executes law enforcement on seizures, transfers and summons due by creditors to the State.
The Financial Management section:
- manages the State's financial assets and the State's financial commitments. To this end, it places funds available to the State Treasury in high-quality securities or financial instruments. The investment policy < 1 year is decided by the Minister having the State Treasury in his attributions upon advice of the Director of Treasury. The investment policy > 1 year is adopted by the Government meeting in council upon advice of the Minister having the State Treasury in his attributions. A Grand Ducal regulation may establish the terms and conditions to carry out investment operations;
- ensures the management of funds and assets which conservation is assigned to the State by laws or regulations;
- must be informed of the issuance of any financial guarantee by the State and of any acquisition by the State in the capital of an establishment, a company or an institution, may it be of private or public law, national or international. For this purpose, it manages the registry of guarantees granted by the State, of State’s shareholdings and of other financial assets. This registry indicates in particular the outstanding amount as well as the timeframe of the granted guarantees;
- holds the securities pertaining to the State's shareholdings;
- performs the accounting control on extraordinary accountants and on accountants of State services under separate management;
- compiles, to the attention of the Minister having the State Treasury in his attributions, monthly and annual statements on the carried-out investments and on their returns, as well as on the development and cost of the public debt.
Paiyments and Collections
The Payments and Collections section:
- ensures the payment of all State expenses, other than those paid directly by the extraordinary accountants and by the accountants of State services under separate management;
- collects revenue stemming from treasury management and specific non-tax revenue, which can be assigned by the Minister having the Budget in his attributions;
- centralizes all other State revenues;
- checks the concordance of payments made to the State Treasury by public accountants of the Administration des contributions directes, of the Administration de l'enregistrement, des domaines et de la TVA and of the Administration des douanes et des accises, with the figures recorded in the monthly accounts of the aforementioned accountants.